Monday, October 18, 2021

Another Nielsen Radio Survey (Part 4)

 

The diary has arrives and even since that date another reminder letter and I think at least three phone call reminders have come. I got one on my voicemail and I hung up on the other two. I thought someone was trying to sell me an auto-warranty extension. 

Inside the diary box itself was yet another letter. They're promising $10 per diary. They push that ten-spot hard. But what the hey, it's basically a free tenner. Can't knock that.

Of course by that point you should have already begun keeping the diary.  But after 3 calls and 4 letters if you haven't, you are really quite bad at following instructions.




2 comments:

  1. ThresherK8:11 PM

    To the limit of what you are allowed to tell: Do they just want to know which stations you hear on which days, or more detail?

    I have been a Nielsen household twice in my life and I remember having to jot down every 10 or 15 minute chunk of time; is radio for Arbitron like this?

    (Also the idea of leaving a radio or TV dial (sic) alone for more than five minutes is not gonna fly with my attention span. I really don't know how I survived before the Remote Control was invented.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my surprise, it's actually very little detail. they want the station... requesting call letters or frequency. and an AM or FM checkbox. Then the start and stop times, with no requirements as to granularity. That's it. If it's an online station you have to write it out longhand. Most of mine are online whether they have an terrestrial signal or not. It's just what's convenient for me these days..

    ReplyDelete