Monday, October 11, 2021

Another Nielsen Radio Survey (Part 3)

 

Since the second letter arrived the diary has also landed; I've not scanned any of it yet.  But at first glance, it looks very similar to the last one. [LINK] This communication came with five crisp dollar bills fulfilling the previous promise.

It says that each member of my household, who is 12 years or older, and fills out a diary, will earn us a $10 bonus check each.  I find it interesting that at the $10 mark they switch from cash to check.  I did go back and look, the price remains the same from 2019.

I've moved between each survey which makes me question their claim that households are randomly selected. They state plainly that every household in the U.S. has a chance of being selected, but not that it has an equal chance. Adjectives matter.

It makes me think of the quote often attributed to Disraeli "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

No comments:

Post a Comment