Monday, August 16, 2021

Another Nielsen Radio Survey (Part 2)

I actually enjoy getting the occasional Nielsen survey.  I make a quick $6 even if I only complete the initial form. I can't imagine I help their data much as I am listening to non-commercial radio and NPR almost exclusively. My favorites are seldom local, so due to the power of the internet I am listening to stations in all 4 time zones of CONUS. 

But isn't that the reality of content today?  Your local morning zoo program is potentially competing with your favorite podcast, and other time-shifted content.  How does Nielsen cope with that?  From what their own numbers tell me, they're just ignoring it. Let the good times roll.




2 comments:

  1. It probably helps in that at least you show you are listening to something that can be considered radio. It's just that your blip for a stream coming out of another market isn't enough to even generate a 0.1 in the ratings. I watch the ratings for the Los Angeles market and, on occasion, way down near the bottom is the stream for KLOS and/or the stream for KROQ-HD2.

    Apologies for being late on this comment. I have you in my RSS feed reader and I haven't had time to look at it for about five weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are still kicking. I always enjoyed your site. I've been terrible about posting lately. But I've been thinking about writing a series about some of the long-running local shows I've been listening to. There's some good radio programs out there which are still really just local phenomena.

    ReplyDelete