Sunday, June 18, 2023

Google deleting Blogger images?

 

There are no additional specifics to be had from Google but it appears that they are going to delete an unknown number of images from this and all other blogs hosted on blogger. I've attempted to export my images but that was not entirely successful and Google let me know that some images are going to be lost, probably forever. Apologies in advance, but with no way to know which images, there's no practical way to manually rescue over a decade of uploads. Only a fraction of the 188 errors resolve to recognizable names places or files, so I've come to the conclusion that I have to let it go.

Depending on the level of damage I may migrate to another platform. TBD

 

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. How terrible to do that, not only to everybody that used the service but especially this blog that is such an incredible historic resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:49 PM

    The time has come and gone and I honestly cant' tell what they deleted. I decided to push on and continue with my irregular mad scribblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ThresherK7:52 PM

    Oof. Your pics add a lot to your posts about old radio and random records.

    ReplyDelete