Saturday, February 25, 2023

This post was put behind a warning

 

 

I write about radio history. History can be dry, academic even boring for some. But my background was in rock music and radio so sometimes a bit of blasphemy or profanity, creeps in; maybe even a little dash of slander. I've been writing this blog for almost 20 years and all that colorful language has passed with little notice.  But that changed recently. I received the below message.  Apparently of all the things I've ever written it's an LGBT radio programs which are the most objectionable.  Oy vey.

I'm mostly amused that it's KRAB causing trouble all these years later. I did reach out to Charles Reinsch, KRAB historian to let him know.  He was unshaken of course. History is immutable. What happened already happened. My 2019 post and it's subsequent censoring changes nothing. But I'm sure Lorenzo Milam would be proud.

I requested a review, but I'm not optimistic in the current environment. AI in all reality is heavy on the Artificial and pretty light on the Intelligence.

      As you may know, our Community Guidelines 
(https://blogger.com/go/contentpolicy) describe the boundaries for what we 
allow-- and don't allow-- on Blogger. Your post titled "The History of LGBT 
Radio (Part 4)" was flagged to us for review. This post was put behind a 
warning for readers because it contains sensitive content; the post is 
visible at 
http://tenwatts.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-history-of-lgbt-radio-part-4.html
Your blog readers must acknowledge the warning before being able to read 
the post/blog.
     We apply warning messages to posts that contain sensitive content. If 
you are interested in having the status reviewed, please update the content 
to adhere to Blogger's Community Guidelines. Once the content is updated, 
you may republish it at [LINK.] This will trigger a review of the post.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this has happened--that's so frustrating and infuriating. Thank you for all of your posts, and I appreciate your writing about this history.

    ReplyDelete