Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Transcription Mystery Disc #242


This is a6.5-Inch, metal-core Recordisc. It has an outer edge start and has started to de-laminate and crack, even in the un-cut center area. Thankfully it have arrived on my desk in time to be saved. The recording date is give as 49 which I'll interpret as the year 1949 which is certainly plausible.

I Know Whom I Have Believed


It's labeled, but in cursive written in tiny pencil script. Because of that it took me some time to decipher but the Title is "I Know Whom I Have Believed." It's a hymn from 1883, words by Dan Whittle and music by James McGranahan. More here.  In this recording the music is played by organ and vocals by a solo male singer, possibly the organist. Only the first stanza and refrain are performed, but the disc barely holds 2 minutes of audio so a short version was rather prudent.

No comments:

Post a Comment