Research Projects
▼
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Transcription Mystery Disc #208
This is a metal-core 6.5-Inch Wilcox Gay Recordio. It spins at 78 rpm and for once it is at least partially labeled. The markings read "Tom + Norm + Ma" and below that more impenetrable cursive "When young ____has turned to ____" Two key nouns have been lost to the vagaries of cursive. (When will this scourge be stamped out?)
Tom + Norm + Ma
Anyway, the recording is of two men singing harmony... they seem a bit tipsy. They are accompanied by a man who laughs loudly and shouts gibberish randomly. I suspect it is he that is accompanying them on piano. Around 1:27 he really gets loud snarling like Animal from the Muppet. It's not the strangest thing I've found on an acetate... but it's up there.

An olde time karaoke bar perhaps?!
ReplyDeleteNice blog. I just added you to my links
ReplyDeletehttp://part15lab.blogspot.com/
Thanks! I've been a fan of you're blog for years. I frequent it often. It's actually what influenced me to start mine.
ReplyDeleteI'll add you to my links once I figure out how to add links to the blog template provided!