Monday, April 08, 2019

Nielsen Radio Survey (Part 1)

For the second time in all the dozens of places I've lived my home has been selected for a Nielsen Radio Survey. Actually, the first time I found it in a new apartment in a recycle bin- a pile of junk mail belonging to a prior tenant. It was expired and I missed the opportunity. But I did keep the two dollars. 

But then like now, the opening letter came packed with a few crisp dollar bills. I look forward to seeing the diary when it comes.I will be anonymizing the documents as much as possible to protect Nielsen and their process. But I think their boilerplate language is safe to share, and I have noticed it's already widely shared online on numerous websites, including their own.

But I have to note that the advent of PPM was over 10 years ago. [LINK] I am somewhat surprised to still be seeing paper diaries in 2019. Even if just for sampling reasons they need to connect to a physical household, I'm surprised the envelope doesn't just contain a QR code for a secure cell phone app. But old methods work, and are often the most cost effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment