Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Transcription Mystery Disc #252

I have now digitized half of the Frank L. Eulau sides. I'm actually savoring it a bit since it's so rare to fine such well-recorded good material from this kind of media. I'll try not to drag this out too much longer. I've promised to donate them to his family when I'm done.

Frank L. Eulau

This disc was recorded on December 23rd 1954. Interestingly it was the date of the first kidney transplant. I'm sure this recording has nothing to do with that event. they're just randomly concurrent. The piece this time is a solo string instrument played with a bow. It sounds like a rebab.. but there are certainly other possibilities. A second rebab joins in harmony about 2 minutes in which  is more bad-ass than dual guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment