Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Transcription Mystery Disc #208


This is a metal-core 6.5-Inch Wilcox Gay Recordio. It spins at 78 rpm and for once it is at least partially labeled. The markings read "Tom + Norm + Ma" and below that more impenetrable cursive "When young ____has turned to ____"  Two key nouns have been lost to the vagaries of cursive. (When will this scourge be stamped out?)

Tom + Norm + Ma


Anyway, the recording is of two men singing harmony... they seem a bit tipsy. They are accompanied by a man who laughs loudly and shouts gibberish randomly. I suspect it is he that is accompanying them on piano. Around 1:27 he really gets loud snarling like Animal from the Muppet. It's not the strangest thing I've found on an acetate... but it's up there.


3 comments:

  1. An olde time karaoke bar perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I just added you to my links
    http://part15lab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been a fan of you're blog for years. I frequent it often. It's actually what influenced me to start mine.

    I'll add you to my links once I figure out how to add links to the blog template provided!

    ReplyDelete