Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Transcription Mystery Disc # 188

 While watching the waveform unwind itself across my screen I thought; the signal to noise ratio looks really good. And it was so. The recording still has a hum that's indigenous to the recording. There is a bit of record crackle beside that but it's quite listenable. This 6.5-Inch Recordio has held up quite well.

Peg O' My Heart


It's dated to 10-5-47, making it 66 years old this month. The text above that date reads "Peg By Norm New Year by Tom"  I have no idea what that means. But the recording is of the song Peg O' My Heart. The song dates to 1913 which predates this recording by another three decades.The singer performs the song accapella, and gives his name at the start as "Norman Givens" before he breaks into song.It's also worth noting that he sounds just a little drunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment