Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Transcription Mystery Disc #159


My audio gear is still largely boxed up so I haven't held a transcription Tuesday in over a month This disc come to us from my archive of neglected crap. This is an 8-Inch bright red Recordio. It is entirely unmarked and spins at 78 rpm with an outer edge start.

Molly Darlin'


The song is readily recognized as "Do You Love Me Molly Darlin'?", a song covered by Hank Snow, Arnold Eddy,  and even Andy Griffith. The tune dates back to at least the 1920s, and the melody possibly earlier. I have little context to date this disc other than the make which is generally mid 40s. the nearest match at Phonozoic is 1948.  Another disc I ripped from this batch (#49)  dated to between 1944 and 1948. So this is probably in that same range.

No comments:

Post a Comment