Thursday, April 18, 2013

Webcor Tape Recorder



This is the user manual for a Webcor Tape Recorder. It covers the use for models 2891, 2892, 2811, and 2812. Models 2891 and 2892 had an AM radio built in. To hear it you have to set the Record-Playback control to Stop. Then switch the monitor on, turn the radio on, then tune the station. It's interesting to note that the instructions actually say "Allow a few seconds for the radio to warm up."  It's been a long time since any manufacturer felt the need to note that capacitors need time to charge.

I've scanned  all 20 pages and made them into a 9MB pdf. 
You can download it

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this resource. I added a link to your post to the Vintage Technology Google+ community I'm getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until I get it hooked up to my PC. Because with a little patience, a little soldering and a complete disregard for electrical standards amazing things can happen. I like to use vintage tech with modern tech. The mismatch is magical http://tenwatts.blogspot.com/2013/03/wollensak.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a surprise. I have a manual for a Webcor Royal Coronet 2821 and 2822. This is the "stereofonic" model that needed the optional second amp/speaker (no. 4820) to hear stereo. No radio receiver. Stereo playback worked only in one direction. (2-track tape)

    These things were built like tanks and weighed about as much. As I recall, there's a cooling fan in the bottom.

    ReplyDelete