Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Text Message Abbreviations

I've had a little problem that's been becoming more common. Certain common (and uncommon) acronyms that get used in texting, IM and other quick SMS-type text messages happen to also be call letters. Some are more common than others, and on rare occasion, in context both meanings can be possible for those of us that work in radioland. I found a few rather large lists online that included many I'd encountered.

I cant' speak for the veracity of any claims to the regular usage all of these.  But I expect you will recognize most of them. I list below all that I've found with 4 characters starting with a "K or a "W". I exclude those that might match 3-letter call signs as their increasing rarity diminishes the confusion.

KHYF - Know How You Feel
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
KMBA - Kiss My Black Ass
KMUF - Kiss Me You Fool
KMWA - Kiss My White Ass
KOTC - Kiss On the Cheek
KOTL - Kiss On The Lips
KWIM - Know What I Mean?
KAEO - Keep An Eye Out
KYCU - Keep Your Chin Up
KYEO -Keep Your Eyes Open
KYFC - Keep Your Fingers Crossed
KYNC - Keep Your Nose Clean
KYPO - Keep Your Pants On
WAEF - When All Else Fails
WAFB - What A Fucking Bitch
WAFM - What A Fucking Mess
WAFU - What A Fuck Up
WATB - Water Under the Bridge
WAYD - What Are You Doing?
WAYN - Where Are You Now?
WDYM - What Do You Mean?
WDYS - What Did You Say?
WITW - What In The World?
WMPL - Wet My Pants Laughing
WRUD - What "R"You Doing?
WTFH - What The Fucking Hell?
WUWH - Wish "U" Were Here
WWJD - What Would Jesus Do?
WYWH - Wish You Were Here
WYCM - Will You Call Me?
WYRN - What's Your Real Name?

No comments:

Post a Comment