Tuesday, February 07, 2012

An Index of Acetates

I've been digitizing about one acetate disc a week for a couple years now. I realized recently that despite the regular Tuesday schedule there is no way for a casual reader to search for them across my rather large archive of posts. So today, instead of adding to the pile, I've tagged them for easier searching.  I tagged all acetates by the brand of blank, if the brand was uncertain, I didn't tag it beyond "acetate" and/or "Transcription Disc." In some cases, notably Voice-O-Graph, there are dozens under a single category.

The list is as follows:


Air-Tone
Audiodisc
Capitol Prodisc
Duodisc
Federal Perma Disk
Leach Disk 
Motorola
Musicraft / Duralite
Presto
Philco / Philco Safety Disc
Quality Clarity Recording
RCA Victor Phonogram
Recordisc
Recotron
Red Cross
Rockola
Silvertone
Slicktone
Soundcraft Microlac
Studio d'Enrigistrement
Tonex
Tru-Kut
Tullen Sound Recording
Universal (URS)
Voice-O-Graph/Mutoscope
Wilcox-Gay/Recordio
Zephyr 

************************
I will be maintaining this list at a static page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment