Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Transcription Mystery Disc #101

So I found the time to rip this recent addition to my collection. It is fortunate that I have a set of similar discs to cross date it with. It is unfortunate that only only of them can be dated with any confidence. A similar disc was dated to 1964. For more on that please refer to my growing Voice-O-Graph Labelography project (Part 8.) Click HERE for details.

Red On White VOG

Overall it's fidelity is pretty good. It's is a recording of a mother trying to sing with two small children. The first tune is"Show Me the Way to Go Home" by Irving King in 1925. It had a popularity resurgence because of the drunken sing along scene in the film Jaws. But Jaws came out in 1975 so this most certainly pre-dates that film. I don't recognize the second song so I can only fall back on that 1964 date as an approximation.

No comments:

Post a Comment