Friday, July 27, 2007

About Jack

It's been a couple weeks since WCBS realized the error of its' ways and I've had the time to digest it a bit. I think I can do this now without rubbing in the salt.
Jack for all the bad press it has received, has persisted. And in radio, a universe of ill-fated rube goldberg, long-shots -lasting four whole books is success. Free FM didn't last 3 and that too had Hollanders fingers all over it.

So that in mind, I think it's important to remember one thing about Jack. Over the last year only two stations dropped Adult Hits. WCBS will be the first Jack-branded station in the US to give up the ship. Only two Adult Hits stations of any kind have dropped the format. On January 8th WTDA dropped Ted-FM for talk, then the WCBS change. To my way of thinking, the format is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment